Posted on March 22 2016
- Kate Watts, 39, was raped by a man known to her family when she was 14
- She managed to conceal the pregnancy from her parents for nine months
- Four weeks after giving birth to Ashley, she realised something was wrong
- Doctors diagnosed her with a rare brain condition and she died at age 18
- Ms Watts, from Perth, has now started a fashion label in Ashley's honour
A woman who gave birth to her terminally ill daughter when she was just 14 years old has revealed how her heartache her helped her draw inspiration to create the fashion label of her dreams.
Kate Watts, 39, from Perth, was raped by a much older man known to her family and after she fell pregnant with his child, and he forced her to conceal the pregnancy from her family and friends for the entire nine month term.
Source: Daily Mail Australia - 15th March 2016
'Being 14 years old, I had this ideal that he'd love me and we would live happily ever after, but it wasn't until I started growing up that I realised the impact of what he did to me,' Ms Watts told Daily Mail Australia.
Ms Watts gave birth to her daughter Ashley in 1991 and at just four weeks old she was diagnosed with an extremely rare brain condition that left her with part of her brain missing.
The debilitating condition meant the little girl never spoke or walked and died when she was just 18.